EPS Article Library
Introducing The Outrageous Idea of the Missional Professor
by Paul Gould
The 'outrageous idea' of the book is that God wants to use professors as professors to reach others, transform the academy, and meet the needs of the world.
God is on a mission to redeem and restore this fallen world and as members of one of the most influential institutions in society, Christian professors in the university play an important role in that mission.
Becoming a missional professor will require a clear vision of God’s heart for the lost and man’s purpose and calling under the banner of Christ, an understanding of the significance of the university as a cultural shaping institution and mission field, and a desire for Christian wholeness in a fragmented world.
- Wipf and Stock is offering the following bulk discounts if purchased directly through their website: 20% for orders of 4 copies or less, 40% for 5 copies or more!
- Learn from the EPS interview about the book.
- Sample book chapters can be read here (used with permission from publisher).
- Gain further resources, including a leader's discussion guide for the book, by going to MissionalProfessor.com and by following updates on Twitter @MissionalProf.
- Read Gould's EPS paper, "An Essay on Academic Disciplines, Faithfulness, and the Christian Scholar."